Conditions for Arrivals and Restrictions Related to COVID-19 (updated on 2022-02-14)
Information updated 14th of February, 2022
In order to ensure the safety of the dormitory’s residents and staff members, for prevention and control of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) within the dormitories of Vytautas Magnus University, residents of the dormitories and students who are planning to move into them are asked to pay close attention and follow rules set out below.
All residents, who have already left Lithuania or are planning to travel for a short period, and intend to return to the dormitory must fill out this form. This information is required in order to contribute to pandemic management and comply with all COVID-19 prevention requirements.
APPLICATION FOR PLACE OF ACCOMMODATION FOR HIGHER YEAR STUDENTS
In order to reserve a place of residence in one of the dormitories of VMU, all higher year students, who are currently not living in the dormitory must follow this procedure:
- learn about our dormitories, its’ location, the price for accommodation services, living conditions, etc. (Dormitories);
- log in to the online accommodation system (VMU Students accommodation) with your personal VMU credentials (username and password) and reserve one of the places for residence from the provided list on Dormitories / Accommodation in Student Rooms(number of places in the dormitories is limited but the list is being constantly updated, therefore it is recommended to check it regularly). Information about the resident place, which your reserved, you will get in your e-mail.
- receive a second e-mail about reservation confirmation.
- receive our third e-mail with instructions on how to sign your online Agreement for Accommodation, sign it, and move into the dormitory no later than in 3 working days, otherwise your room reservation will be cancelled.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS RETURNING TO THE DORMITORY AFTER THEIR EXCHANGE PERIOD ABROAD
Students, who are returning to Lithuania after completing their exchange period abroad and who wishes to live in one of the dormitories of Vytautas Magnus University may reserve a place of residence by:
- Completing the online Arrival Registration Form and sending your travel tickets to email@example.com at least one week before your arrival to Lithuania. After completing coronavirus test (except those, who have been vaccinated against COVID-19 or acquired immunity by recovering from disease) A PCR test for COVID-19 must be taken within 72 hours before the entry to Lithuania, an antigen test must be taken within 48 hours before the entry;
- registering at National Public Health Centre under the Ministry of Health by filling in an electronic form on https://keleiviams.nvsc.lt/en/form an online registration VMU International Cooperation Department will contact each student individually.
- taking the
- before the arrival;
- following instructions of administrative staff members of Vytautas Magnus University;
More information about COVID-19 related restrictions https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/
INFORMATION BEFORE ARRIVAL TO LITHUANIA
- A PCR test for COVID-19 must be taken within 72 hours before the entry to Lithuania, an antigen test must be taken within 48 hours before the entry. Testing requirements will not apply for those:
- holding a document from a medical establishment confirming the recovery of COVID-19 confirmed by a positive result of a SARS-CoV-2 PCR test and maximum 180 days have passed of the positive testing before the return/entry to the Republic of Lithuania.
- holding a document issued by a medical establishment, a country-specific vaccination certificate, or an international vaccination certificate confirming the complete vaccination with one of the COVID-19 vaccines vaccines (COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen, Comirnaty, Spikevax, Vaxzevria, Covishield, or Nuvaxovid)administered under the vaccination schedule approved by the competent authority of the country where the vaccination was carried out, if at least 14 days but not more than 270 days (the 270-day time limit will not apply to those under the age of 18) have passed after the administration of a dose of COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection) vaccine, and the person has been vaccinated with:
- the second dose under the two-dose vaccination schedule;
- one dose under the single-dose vaccination schedule;
- one dose administered to the person who has recovered of the COVID-19 disease (coronavirus infection) confirmed by a positive SARS-CoV-2 PCR test result.
- vaccination with a booster dose of Comirnaty, Spikevax, or COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen.
Important note: the documents confirming the results of the COVID-19 test or vaccination or recovery must be submitted in one of the official languages of the European Union.
- Passengers FROM ALL THE COUNTRIES (listed or not listed as affected) travelling on international routes organized and operated by carriers as regular, special and charter services by all modes of transport must complete a QUESTIONNAIRE 48 hours before the arrival and present the confirmation of the completed electronic form (QR code) to the carrier before boarding the vehicle.
- Those arriving in Lithuania from ALL COUNTRIES by their own transport until the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Lithuania must fill in the QUESTIONNAIRE 48 hours before the arrival and provide confirmation of the completed electronic questionnaire (QR code) to NVSC specialists or other officials at the border checkpoint or passenger checkpoint.
MOVING INTO THE DORMITORY AND PAYMENT
MOVING INTO DORMITORY
When moving into dormitories No. 5, Universiteto g. 8, Kaunas district, Akademija, No. 2, “Baltija” (Vytauto pr. 71) and No. 6, located in Vilnius (A. Vivulskio g. 36), you will need to come directly to the dormitory, where the administrators will provide you with the room keys, dormitory access card and all the necessary information.
More information about dormitories can be found here:
The accommodation fee starts from the date of move-in, and all accommodation-related fees (including the move-in fee) are payable from September onwards via the student portal, so there are no fees to pay at the time of move-in.
FOR NEW STUDENTS, MOVING INTO THE DORMITORIES FOR THE FIRST TIME
We kindly ask our students, who are moving into the dormitory for the first time, to be reasonable and socially responsible:
Before your departure to Lithuania:
- Send your travel tickets by the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and fill-out the online arrival registration form at least one week before the arrival; and register at National Public Health Centre under the Ministry of Health by filling in an electronic form on https://keleiviams.nvsc.lt/en/form (not earlier than 48 hours before your arrival to Lithuania);
- Follow instructions of administrative staff members of Vytautas Magnus University;
Upon your arrival (moving), at the dormitory’s Administration you shall:
- when entering the building use the hand sanitiser at the entrance;
- check your body temperature;
- sincerely answer questions of the Administrator of Dormitory. Monitor the list of countries affected by a coronavirus (COVID-19) regularly and inform the dormitory’s administration immediately if you are returning from one of them;
- present a document proving your negative COVID-19 test results, EU Digital Covid Certificate, or other proof that you have been fully vaccinated with one of the COVID-19 vaccines (COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen, Comirnaty, Spikevax, Vaxzevria, Covishield, or Nuvaxovid), a medical document which confirms that a maximum of 180 days has passed of the positive COVID-19 testing until arrival to the Republic of Lithuania.
- follow recommendations for COVID-19 prevention in the dormitories of VMU.
PREVENTION MEASURES IN THE DORMITORY
It is recommended that students, who are currently living in the dormitory: do not gather in the dormitory; not organize activities or gatherings in rooms or in the common areas of the dormitory, such as kitchens, smoking rooms, reading rooms, etc. Meetings with friends are recommended in open spaces.
It is also recommended that the following preventive measures be continued which can be found here.
GUESTS IN THE DORMITORY
Residents of the dormitory are allowed to invite guests to their place of residence during the day, as specified in the internal rules of dormitories.
IF YOU SUSPECT YOU HAVE COVID-19
- If you have a fever, are sick, or have any possible symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of sense of smell or taste, muscle pain, or headache), please immediately call the COVID-19 hotline: 1808 (ph. +370 (37) 367 963 if calling from foreign phone number) or contact your family doctor, report the circumstances of the illness, and follow medical advice. Please do not go to the hospital or your doctor by yourself.
- Please contact dormitory’s administrator and inform about the circumstances. please do not go to the Administrator by yourself in order to avoid possible spread of the virus.
- Avoid any contact. Do not enter common areas of the dormitory (reading rooms, leisure spaces, kitchen, etc.) or welcome guests, visit others during whole period of self-isolation. Follow directions and information provided by the Administration of the Dormitory.
- Register for (PCR) testing for COVID-19 and isolate until you receive your results and directions for next steps.
- If your test result is NEGATIVE, you may return to regular activities and may complete your self-isolation.
- If your test result is POSITIVE, please isolate and follow instructions of the National Public Health Center under the Ministry of Health as it is stated HERE.
If your COVID-19 is mild, you should no longer self-isolate after 10 days from the onset of symptoms if you have had no fever for not less than 3 days without the use of fever-reducing medications and other symptoms of COVID-19 have subsided.
Students with asymptomatic COVID-19, should no longer self-isolate after 7 (seven) days from the day of collection of the swab which tested positive by PCR.
An asymptomatic COVID case means that an infected person has no symptoms, such as fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness, headache, muscle ache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, or the loss of sense of smell or taste.