VMU dormitory No. 2, Kaunas
Soviet-era hotel “Baltija” was transformed into the dormitory of VMU students after its renovation and is considered as one of the most modern student dormitories in Lithuania.
During the academic year international students are accommodated only in VMU dormitory No. 2 named BALTIJA, which is located in the city center (Vytauto pr. 71, Kaunas) close to the university. From the nine-storey building you can enjoy a wonderful view of Kaunas panorama which is seen from the upper floors of the dormitory.
Dormitory is situated next to one of central streets in Kaunas – Vytauto pr. From here, you can easily reach train and bus stations, get to Kaunas City center or the Old Town, reach the biggest multifunctional arena in the Baltic region „Žalgirio arena“. Moreover, dormitory is adjoined to VMU Campus building so lectures are held close enough to reach it by walking.
The nine-storey dormitory has a structure of difference type of rooms (see below):
- Single-bed room with a bathroom (sink, a shower tub and a WC for one resident)
- Two-beds room with a shared bathroom (sink, a shower tub and a WC for two residents)
- Single-bed room in a block of rooms (it includes single-bed room and one common bathroom (sink, a shower tub and a WC) which has to be shared with residents of a three-beds room)
- Two-beds room in a block of rooms (it includes two-beds room and one common bathroom (sink, a shower tub and a WC) which has to be shared with residents of a three-beds room)
In each room there are a free broadband or Wi-Fi internet access, table, bed, fridge, wardrobe and chairs.
Common areas of the dormitory:
- Two kitchens per floor. There are cooking facilities which make it easy for the residents to prepare their own meals. Kitchen utensils (cookware, i.e. pots, pans, etc.) are not provided;
- Reading rooms are located in seventh and first floors of the dormitory;
- Self-service laundry-drying room is located in the dormitory’s basement. These services are charged additionally (laundry service – 3 EUR (10 kg), drying service – 1,5 EUR (10kg));
- Leisure area with a TV, table tennis are in the dormitory’s lobby;
- Smoking rooms are located on the fourth and seventh floors.
Reaching the dormitory
Adaptation to the needs of disabled people