Conditions and Regulations for Students Arriving to the Dormitory
In order to ensure the safety of the dormitory’s residents and staff members, for prevention and control of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) within the dormitories of Vytautas Magnus University, residents of the dormitories and students who are planning to move into them are asked to pay close attention and follow rules set out below.
Higher-year students who are residents in one of the dormitories of VMU and who are planning their return to the dormitory will be required to cover the costs of their self-isolation, testing for COVID-19 (if required), their meals, and other personal expenses by themselves. Self-isolation can be carried out only in specially designed rooms (except cases when a resident is living in a single bedroom with a separate bathroom).
All residents, who have already left Lithuania or are planning to travel for a short period, and intend to return to the dormitory must fill out this form. This information is required in order to contribute to pandemic management and comply with all COVID-19 prevention requirements.
APPLICATION FOR HIGHER YEAR STUDENTS
In order to reserve a place of residence in one of the dormitories of VMU, all higher year students, who are currently not living in the dormitory must follow this procedure:
- learn about our dormitories, its’ location, the price for accommodation services, living conditions, etc. (Dormitories);
- log in to the online accommodation system (VMU Students accommodation) with your personal VMU credentials (username and password) and reserve one of the places for residence from the provided list on Dormitories / Accommodation in Student Rooms(number of places in the dormitories is limited but the list is being constantly updated, therefore it is recommended to check it regularly). Information about the resident place, which your reserved, you will get in your e-mail.
- receive a second e-mail about reservation confirmation.
- receive our third e-mail with instructions on how to sign your online Agreement for Accommodation, sign it, and move into the dormitory no later than in 3 working days, otherwise your room reservation will be cancelled.
MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION BEFORE TRAVELLING TO LITHUANIA
- COVID-19 testing is required from any arrival from any country of the world, with certain exemptions for those who have recovered from COVID-19 disease or have been fully vaccinated.
- A PCR test for COVID-19 must be taken within 72 hours before the entry to Lithuania, an antigen test must be taken within 48 hours before the entry. A negative test result will have to be shown to the carrier before boarding a plane, bus, ferry, etc.
- Arrivals from the green area will not be required to self-isolate, nor is self-isolation required from the arrivals from the orange (yellow) area, but they are required instead to take a second test on the 3-5th day of arrival in Lithuania. A test can be taken at a mobile point by registering on the website of the Hotline at www.1808.ltor short number 1808. Testing will not be required from those who have recovered from COVID-19 disease or have been fully vaccinated.
- Requirements for arrivals from the red area remain the same: a mandatory test taken prior to the entry to Lithuania and 10-day self-isolation.
- There is a possibility of shortening the self-isolation by taking a PCR test on the 7th day of self-isolation at the earliest, with a negative response thereof. Until now, such test had to be taken at the expense of the resident himself, but from Monday, it will be possible to do so free of charge at a mobile point. You will have to register on the website of the Hotline at www.1808.ltor at short number 1808.
- Passengers FROM ALL THE COUNTRIES (listed or not listed as affected) travelling on international routes organized and operated by carriers as regular, special and charter services by all modes of transport must complete a QUESTIONNAIRE 48 hours before the arrival and present the confirmation of the completed electronic form (QR code) to the carrier before boarding the vehicle.
- Those arriving in Lithuania from ALL COUNTRIES by their own transport until the moment of crossing the border of the Republic of Lithuania must fill in the QUESTIONNAIRE 48 hours before the arrival and provide confirmation of the completed electronic questionnaire (QR code) to NVSC specialists or other officials at the border checkpoint or passenger checkpoint.
More information about COVID-19 related restrictions https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/
MOVING INTO THE DORMITORY AND PAYMENT
MOVING INTO DORMITORY
When moving into dormitories No. 5, Universiteto g. 8, Kaunas district, Akademija, No. 2, “Baltija” (Vytauto pr. 71) and No. 6, located in Vilnius (A. Vivulskio g. 36), you will need to come directly to the dormitory, where the administrators will provide you with the room keys, dormitory access card and all the necessary information.
More information about dormitories can be found here:
VMU dormitory No. 5, Akademija
The accommodation fee starts from the date of move-in, and all accommodation-related fees (including the move-in fee) are payable from September onwards via the student portal, so there are no fees to pay at the time of move-in.
FOR NEW STUDENTS, MOVING INTO THE DORMITORIES FOR THE FIRST TIME
We kindly ask our students, who are moving into the dormitory for the first time, to be reasonable and socially responsible:
Before your departure to Lithuania:
- Send your travel tickets by the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and fill-out the online arrival registration form at least one week before the arrival; and register at National Public Health Centre under the Ministry of Health by filling in an electronic form on https://keleiviams.nvsc.lt/en/form (not earlier than 48 hours before your arrival to Lithuania);
- Follow instructions of administrative staff members of Vytautas Magnus University;
Upon your arrival (moving), at the dormitory’s Administration you shall:
- when entering the building use the hand sanitiser at the entrance;
- check your body temperature;
- sincerely answer questions of the Administrator of Dormitory. Monitor the list of countries affected by a coronavirus (COVID-19) regularly and inform the dormitory’s administration immediately if you are returning from one of them;
- present EU Digital Covid Certificate or other proof that you have been fully vaccinated with one of the COVID-19 vaccines (COVID-19 Vaccine Janssen, Comirnaty, COVID-19 Vaccine Moderna, and Vaxzevria), a medical document which confirms that a maximum of 180 days has passed of the positive COVID-19 testing until arrival to the Republic of Lithuania. Otherwise, be prepared to self-isolate for 10 days.
- Isolate yourself in the dormitory room allocated by Vytautas Magnus University and follow mandatory conditions of self-isolation.
- follow recommendations for COVID-19 prevention in the dormitories of VMU (if you do not need to isolate yourself).
INFORMATION ON SELF-ISOLATION
- A 10-days self-isolation shall be performed in specially designed guest rooms (except cases when a resident is living in a single bedroom with a separate bathroom).
- Students who are travelling to Lithuania from the COVID-19 affected countries and are obliged to self-isolate, have to book a guest room on Student Self-service Portal http://studentas.vdu.lt> Dormitories > Accommodation in Guest Rooms, before their intended return (note, that number of rooms is limited and reservation shall be made as early as possible). Accommodation fees are calculated according to the type of room and a full list of room prices is available here (you need to check the prices for VMU students – Short Term Accommodation). If a student is reserving not a single bedroom, the fee is calculated for an entire room (two places) with an exception if it is shared with another person, who is also returning from abroad.
NOTE: In case of a situation that there are not enough places for self-isolation in VMU dormitories, students may choose to perform their self-isolation in hotels or other private companies or institutions, that provide accommodation services.
- While travelling from the Airport to the dormitory, please use the Bolt app (taxi – protect) services (expenses shall by paid by the resident). Please note that you cannot use public transportation.
- During the period of self-isolation we highly recommend you to use the following and similar websites regarding the meals’ ordering:
If you need pharmacy services (medicines, supplements, vitamins, etc.), we recommend to use this and similar websites: https://www.manovaistine.lt/en
- While checking-in into the dormitory, it is necessary:
- to wear a nose and mouth covering mask in public, including when entering the dormitory;
- use hand sanitizer at the entrance;
- allow your body temperature to be checked;
- sincerely answer questions of the Dormitory’s administrator;
- follow the recommendations for the prevention of coronavirus (COVID-19).
- If you have a fever, are sick, or have any possible symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, difficulty breathing, sore throat, chills, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of sense of smell or taste, muscle pain, or headache), please immediately contact dormitory’s administrator.
- Important information for students who are self-isolation can be found here.
- IMPORTANT: if you have done a COVID-19 test and received positive results, please immediately inform your Dormitory’s administrator and email Student Centre (email@example.com).
PREVENTION MEASURES IN THE DORMITORY
It is recommended that students, who are currently living in the dormitory: do not gather in the dormitory; not organize activities or gatherings in rooms or in the common areas of the dormitory, such as kitchens, smoking rooms, reading rooms, etc. Meetings with friends are recommended in open spaces.
It is also recommended that the following preventive measures be continued which can be found here.
GUESTS IN THE DORMITORY
Residents of the dormitory are allowed to invite guests to their place of residence during the day, as specified in the internal rules of dormitories.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS RETURNING TO THE DORMITORY AFTER THEIR EXCHANGE PERIOD ABROAD
Students, who are returning to Lithuania after completing their exchange period abroad and who wishes to live in one of the dormitories of Vytautas Magnus University may reserve a place of residence by:
- Completing the online Arrival Registration Form and sending your travel tickets to firstname.lastname@example.org at least one week before your arrival to Lithuania. After completing an online registration VMU International Cooperation Department will contact each student regarding their self-isolation, in accordance with the regulations of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania. You may read full information about the self-isolation conditions here;
- taking the coronavirus test. A PCR test for COVID-19 must be taken within 72 hours before the entry to Lithuania, an antigen test must be taken within 48 hours before the entry;
- registering at National Public Health Centre under the Ministry of Health by filling in an electronic form on https://keleiviams.nvsc.lt/en/form before the arrival;
- following instructions of administrative staff members of Vytautas Magnus University;
- isolating yourself in the dormitory, allocated by Vytautas Magnus University and follow mandatory conditions of self-isolation (if needed);
- Exemptions of self-isolation, for persons who have recovered from COVID-19 or have been fully vaccinated, are determined by National Public Health Center under the Ministry of Health;
- More information about COVID-19 related restrictions https://koronastop.lrv.lt/en/