VMU students are invited to share things for the future students’ needs
We invite all VMU students to share the things they don’t need anymore with those exchange or full-time students who will arrive in August.
The initiative is being implemented within DON@ – Donation Opportunities for Newcomers. The key objective of the project is to facilitate the integration and improvement of living conditions of students with fewer opportunities by promoting mutual support, inclusion, and sustainable development.
All VMU students are invited to attend this event:
- June 27, Tuesday, 16.00 – 18.00, lobby, VMU dormitory No. 2, (Baltija), Kaunas
- June 28, Wednesday, 16.00 – 18.00, lobby, VMU dormitory No. 2, (Baltija), Kaunas
- June 29, Thursday, 16.00 – 18.00, lobby, VMU dormitory No. 2, (Baltija), Kaunas
- June 30, Friday, 17.00 – 19.00, lobby, VMU dormitory No. 5, Akademija, Kaunas district
Note! The organized collection of things will be provided every week till the end of June. You will be informed about the upcoming events later.
There are three main requirements only:
- bring clean and gently used items;
- bring items according to the selected categories;
- bring your stuff to the appointed place and time.
We accept the following categories of things:
- Kitchen stuff (pans, pots, plates, blenders, cups, knives, cutlery, dishes, kettle, dishware, etc.);
- Electronics (USBs, fan, table lamps, iron, etc.);
- Study and leisure time stuff (umbrella, backpacks, bags, books, sports equipment, hobby stuff for handmade, stationery such as notebooks, paper, pens, holders, etc.);
- Household items (cleaning tools such as mops, brooms, washing powder; storage containers or boxes, buckets, mirrors, hangers for clothes; decoration such as candles, flashlights, photo frames, etc.).
All donated items will be kept in the special storage rooms in the VMU dormitories till the end of August. Before the new semester begins, we will organize a Donation Day and share the items with new students.
We do not accept for storage: clothes and footwear, bedding, food products, ingredients, and medicine.
Who can donate the items?
All VMU students, whether they live in a dormitory or elsewhere.
How often will such an event take place?
Every week till the end of June. You will be informed about the upcoming events later. Find out more about DON@ project here.