Stand for Election to the VMU Dormitory‘s Council
Vytautas Magnus University has announced the election to the dormitory Council, which is organised in accordance to VMU Dormitory Self-government regulations.
If you are living in VMU dormitory No. 2 Vytauto pr. 71 (BALTIJA), Kaunas or No. 6 A. Vivulskio str. 36, Vilnius or No. 5 Univesiteto str. 8, Akademija, Kaunas dstr. and you are interested to become the Chairperson of Dormitory‘s Council then all you need to do is to fill this electronic application until 3rd of October, 2021 and to comply the following criteria:
- you have to study in Vytautas Magnus University
- you have to be motivated
- you have to make a one-year activities plan for the Council
- you have to have experience in social activities
- you have to have experience of living in the dormitory
- you cannot have penalties for infringements of the University internal legal acts
The Chairperson of the Dormitory Council is elected in three stages:
I stage – candidate applies for this position, by filling this questionnaire until October 3rd, 2021, 12 a.m. The selected candidates will be informed of the invitation to run for the election of the Chairperson of the Dormitory Council on 4th October.
II stage – candidates selected by the Students‘ Representative Council and the Student Affairs Department are invited to attend the meeting of Selection committee on 6th October at 13:30 p.m. (The format of the committee will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates)
III stage – if it will be necessary, candidate has to participate in Election of Dormitory Council’s Chairperson which will be held in the general meeting of residents of the dormitory.
Person who is interested to become the Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council together with the electronic application form has to submit following information:
- Personal data
- A letter of motivation
- To describe in a narrative form a one-year activities plan of Dormitory‘s council
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Dormitory‘s Council and the Chairperson
We want to remind You, that the Chairperson has a right and power to form and manage Dormitory‘s council.
The elected chairperson of the dormitory will be exempted from payment of the accommodation fee for 2021/2022 academic year (from 1st of October 2021 until 30th of June 2022)
The main purpose of Dormitory‘s council is to help the Chairperson to implement following objectives:
- To represent the interests of the dormitory Residents in University‘s (dormitory‘s) administration
- To represent University (dormitory) requirements among residents
- To maintain the integrity of community
- To carry out social and cultural activities
- To mediate in cases of misunderstandings or problems between residents or residents and administration
The Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council is elected annually in the beginning of each academic year by the general meeting of residents of the dormitory after the selection procedure performed by the Students‘ Representative Council and Student Affairs Department