Stand for Election to the VMU Dormitory ‘s No. 6 Council
Vytautas Magnus University (VMU), in accordance with the Regulations of the Dormitory Self-Government, announces a competition for the election of the Chairperson of the Council of the VMU Dormitory No. 6.
If you are living in VMU dormitory No. 6 A. Vivulskio str. 36, Vilnius and you are interested to become the Chairperson of Dormitory‘s Council then all you need to do is to fill out this electronic application until 8th of February, 2022 and to comply with the following criteria:
- you have to study at Vytautas Magnus University
- you have to be motivated
- you have to make a one-year activities plan for the Council
- you have to have experience in social activities
- you have to have experience of living in the dormitory
- you cannot have penalties for infringements of the University internal legal acts
The Chairperson of the Dormitory Council is elected in three stages:
I stage – candidate applies for this position, by filling this questionnaire until February 8th, 2022, 12 p. m. The selected candidates will be informed of the invitation to run for the election of the Chairperson of the Dormitory Council on February 8th until the end of the working day (5:00 p.m.).
II stage – candidates selected by the Students ‘Representative Council and the Student Affairs Department are invited to attend the meeting of the Selection Committee on 9th February at 1:30 p.m. via the MS TEAMS platform (a link to the remote meeting will be sent to shortlisted candidates).
III stage – if it will be necessary, the candidate has to participate in the Election of the Dormitory Council’s Chairperson which will be held in the general meeting of residents of the dormitory.
Person who is interested to become the Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council together with the electronic application form has to submit the following information:
- Personal data
- A letter of motivation
- To describe in a narrative, form a one-year activities plan of Dormitory‘s council
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Dormitory‘s Council and the Chairperson
We want to remind You, that the Chairperson has the right and power to form and manage Dormitory‘s council.
The elected chairperson of the dormitory will be exempted from payment of the accommodation fee for the 2021/2022 academic year (from 1st of February 2022 until 30th of June 2022)
The main purpose of Dormitory‘s council is to help the Chairperson to implement the following objectives:
- To represent the interests of the dormitory Residents in the University‘s (dormitory ‘s) administration
- To represent University (dormitory) requirements among residents
- To maintain the integrity of a community
- To carry out social and cultural activities
- To mediate in cases of misunderstandings or problems between residents or residents and administration
The Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council is elected annually at the beginning of each academic year by the general meeting of residents of the dormitory after the selection procedure performed by the Students‘ Representative Council and Student Affairs Department