Stand for Election to the VMU Dormitory ‘s Council
Vytautas Magnus University has announced the election to the dormitory Council, which is organised in accordance with VMU Dormitory Self-government regulations.
If you are living in VMU dormitory No. 2 Vytauto pr. 71 (“Baltija”), Kaunas or No. 6 A. Vivulskio str. 36, Vilnius or No. 5 Universiteto str. 8, Akademija, Kaunas dstr. and you are interested in becoming the Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council then all you need to do is to fill out this electronic application by the 2nd of October 2022 and comply with the following criteria:
- you have to study at Vytautas Magnus University
- you have to be motivated
- you have to make a one-year activities plan for the Council
- you have to have experience in social activities
- you have to have experience of living in the dormitory
- you cannot have penalties for infringements of the University’s internal legal acts
The Chairperson of the Dormitory Council is elected in three stages:
I stage – candidate applies for this position, by filling this questionnaire until October 2nd, 2022. The selected candidates will be informed of the invitation to run for the election of the Chairperson of the Dormitory Council on 5th October.
II stage – candidates selected by the Students’ Representative and the Student Affairs Department are invited to attend a meeting of the Selection Committee, the date, time, format, and venue of which will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates.
III stage – if necessary, the candidate has to participate in the Election of the Dormitory Council’s Chairperson, which will be held in the general meeting of residents of the dormitory.
A person who is interested to become the Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council together with the electronic application form has to submit the following information:
- Personal data
- A letter of motivation
- present in a narrative form the planned annual activities of the Dormitory Council (the Dormitory Council’s activity plan), which should include:
- the problems perceived in the hostel and proposed solutions
- the objectives, activities, and initiatives for the term of office
- informal activities to mobilise the community
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Dormitory‘s Council and the Chairperson
We want to remind You, that the Chairperson has the right and power to form and manage Dormitory‘s council.
The elected chairperson of the dormitory will be exempted from payment of the accommodation fee for 2022/2023 academic year (from 1st of October 2021 until 30th of June 2023)
The main purpose of the Dormitory‘s council is to help the Chairperson to implement the following objectives:
- To represent the interests of the dormitory Residents in University ‘s (dormitory ‘s) administration
- To represent University (dormitory) requirements among residents
- To maintain the integrity of a community
- To carry out social and cultural activities
- To mediate in cases of misunderstandings or problems between residents or residents and the administration
The Chairperson of the Dormitory‘s Council is elected annually at the beginning of each academic year by the general meeting of residents of the dormitory after the selection procedure performed by the Students‘ Representative Council and Student Affairs Department.