Application for Accommodation for New Incoming Students for 2021/2022 Spring Semester
Starting from December 1st, 2021, Vytautas Magnus University (VMU) is accepting applications for new incoming international students for accommodation in VMU dormitories located in Kaunas (Nr. 2 “Baltija”), Akademija, Kaunas dstr. (Nr. 5 “Akademija”) and Vilnius (Nr. 6 “Vivulskis”) during the Spring semester 2021/2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION
In order to reserve a place of residence in one of the dormitories of VMU, all new incoming first year full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree, Erasmus+, Bilateral or other international exchange students must follow this procedure:
- learn about our dormitories, its’ location, price for accommodation services, living conditions, etc.;
- create a personal account on the online accommodation system (Accommodation for others);
- Full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students may use their Username / Password that they created when signing the Agreement of studies at VMU;
- Exchange students may use their Username / Password that they created when applying for their exchange studies at VMU;
- log in to the online accommodation system (Accommodation for others) with your personal credentials (username and password) and reserve one of the places from the provided list on Accommodation in Student Rooms (Number of places in the dormitories is limited, however, the list is constantly updated, therefore it is recommended to check it regularly).
- Note, that application is open only for students, who have already signed their Learning Agreement (Erasmus+ or Bilateral exchange students) and Agreement of Studies (full-time Bachelor’s and Master’s degree students) (for more information about signing it, please contact International Cooperation department).
- receive an e-mail with confirmation of your resident place reservation in 5 days period after you reserved place from the provided list on Accommodation in Student Rooms. This e-mail means, that room of your choice will be reserved for your arrival until 31st of January, 2022;
- receive a second e-mail in the middle of the January with instructions on how to sign your online Agreement for Accommodation, sign it, and move into the dormitory no later than by January 31st, 2022 (if you are planning to move-in after the 31st of January, 2022, you must contact Student Centre by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and inform about intended date of arrival and agree to pay accommodation fees from February 1st 2022, otherwise the room reservation will be cancelled from February 1st 2022).
PROCEDURES OF MOVING INTO THE DORMITORY
In order to ensure safety of residents and staff members while preventing the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and managing it within the dormitories of Vytautas Magnus University, we kindly ask our students who are moving into the dormitory for a first time, to be reasonable and socially responsible:
- fill out the online Arrival Registration Form and your travel tickets to email@example.com at least one week before the arrival. After the online registration VMU International Cooperation Department informs each student regarding the self-isolation requirements in accordance with the decisions of the Government of the Republic of Lithuania;
- register at National Public Health Centre under the Ministry of Health by filling in an electronic form on https://keleiviams.nvsc.lt/en/form before boarding the plane/bus. QR code of this form will be required upon boarding;
- follow instructions of administrative staff members of Vytautas Magnus University;
- isolate yourself in the dormitory, allocated by Vytautas Magnus University and follow mandatory conditions of self-isolation (if needed).
Upon your arrival (moving into) at the dormitory’s Administration you shall:
- always use the hand sanitizer at the entrance when entering the building;
- allow your body temperature to be checked;
- sincerely answer questions from the Administrator of Dormitory. Monitor the list of countries effected by coronavirus (COVID-19) regularly and inform the dormitory administration immediately if you return from them;
- Follow recommendation for COVID-19 prevention in the dormitories of VMU (if you do not need to isolate yourself).